The global western blotting market is projected to reach USD 1.4 billion by 2026 from USD 1.0 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period. Technological advancements, increasing government funding in the field of biomedical research, growing demand for personalized medicine, and the rising prevalence of HIV are the key factors driving the market growth.
To know about the assumptions considered for the study @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=235810711
North America accounted for the largest share of the western blotting market. The major factors driving the growth of this regional market include the presence of top manufacturers of western blotting products in this region, rise in research funding, increasing investments in proteomics research, and growing focus on personalized medicine.
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), Danaher Corporation (US), Bio-Techne Corporation (US), and Merck KGaA (Germany) are the prominent players operating in the western blotting market.
BIO-RAD LABORATORIES, INC. (US)
Bio-Rad Laboratories is a leading player in the western blotting market in 2020. The company is a leading manufacturer and supplier of products and systems to separate, detect, analyze, and purify complex biological and chemical materials. The company’s leading position in the market can be attributed to its wide customer base. Bio-Rad, with its ~8,000 employees (as of 2020), serves a wide and diversified customer base that includes universities and research institutes, supporting about 150,000 scientists in the US; companies operating in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and food industries; diagnostic manufacturers; and commercial laboratories and hospitals.
The company is also equipped with a strong distribution channel. Bio-Rad has established an extensive direct sales force and service network of approximately 740 sales and service representatives in more than 35 countries to conduct its worldwide operations efficiently. With its experienced industry experts, the company maintains a separate sales force for each of its segments. In addition, the company’s agents and distributors also assist in sales, especially in the international markets. The direct sales approach permits Bio-Rad to establish direct contact with its customers, thus helping the company to build strong relationships with customers.
To speak to our analyst for a discussion on the above findings @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/speaktoanalystNew.asp?id=235810711
- In September 2021, PerkinElmer, Inc. (US) acquired BioLegend (US), a leading provider of life science antibodies and reagents, including primary antibodies and western blot secondary reagents. This acquisition enhances the company’s existing western blotting product portfolio.
- In August 2021, Abcam Plc (UK) acquired BioVision Inc. (US), a global supplier of life science research tools for research, diagnostics, and drug discovery. The company is a leading provider of biochemical and cell-based assays and produces a wide portfolio of other products, including recombinant proteins, antibodies, enzymes, and biochemical compounds for immunoassay technologies such as western blotting
- In April 2021, Bio-Techne Corporation (US) launched Abby, a next-generation chemiluminescence system that automates traditional western blotting
- In October 2020, Bio-Techne Corporation (US) launched a SARS-CoV-2 Multi-Antigen Serology Module for Jess and Wes Simple Western automated western blotting systems. The new serology assay accelerates COVID-19 research and vaccine development through rapid characterization of human immune responses to multiple SARS-CoV-2 antigens
- In June 2019, Merck KGaA (Germany) introduced a national campus tour in China for the company’s first mobile protein research laboratory. The national tour will cover 20 college and biotech campuses in 13 cities across the country, including Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, and Wuhan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What is the current size of the global western blotting market?
- Who are the leading players in the western blotting market?
- What are the major application segments of the western blotting market?
- What are the major drivers of the western blotting market?
Make an Enquire to Buy this Report @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Enquiry_Before_BuyingNew.asp?id=235810711